Information for Landlords
As experienced letting agents in Hemel Hempstead, we’re a well-established one-stop-shop for landlords in the area. In fact, we let around 450 properties of which we manage around 350 properties for over 500 landlords, which we think makes us the biggest letting agent in the region. A large proportion of landlords renew their agreements with us – giving you the confidence that we must be doing something right!
Letting your property
If you want to let your property, we’ll let you know what needs to be done to prepare it for tenants (what’s more, we can manage all the necessary tasks for you if you wish).
Empty properties are a landlord’s worst nightmare. We make finding tenants easy and check them out so you can be sure they’re reliable.
4 ways we will market your property for letting
- Just give us the details of your properties and we’ll match them to our database. With hundreds of high-quality actively looking applicants on our books, we’re sure to find a match. Just give us the details of your properties and we’ll match them to our database. With hundreds of high-quality actively looking applicants on our books, we’re sure to find a match.
- We’ll market your properties on all major websites where tenants look for a place to rent, including Rightmove, Primelocation, Findaproperty, Zoopla and Globrix. We’ll market your properties on all major websites where tenants look for a place to rent, including Rightmove, Primelocation, Findaproperty, Zoopla and Globrix.
- People also look for property to rent in newspapers and magazines as well as online, so we’ll print full colour adverts in suitable local publications. People also look for property to rent in newspapers and magazines as well as online, so we’ll print full colour adverts in suitable local publications.
- We’ll display one of our striking ‘to let’ boards outside your properties, to attract passers-by.
Rent collection Service
Finding tenants is one thing, but we can also help with collecting rent on your behalf if required. We’ll send you monthly account statements so you always know where you stand.
Rent Guarantee Cover
Squire Estates will provide a Rent Guarantee Cover free of charge for the first 6 months of all new Fully Managed or Rent Collection tenancies. This protects the Landlord in the rare case that a tenant defaults on payment. It also covers Landlords for legal costs in case of disputes or if a tenant needs to be evicted for non-payment of rent.
Statistics show that tenants stay longer in a fully managed property, and corporate tenants usually insist on it. When you opt for our full property management service, you enjoy 24/7 peace-of-mind while tenants are in your property.
When you opt for full property management, we’ll:
- Nominate a dedicated and experienced property manager as your main point of contact.
- Organise an independent inventory before your tenants move in, and deal with the check-out when their agreement expires.
- Place the deposit in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme and negotiate any claims.
- Read the meters as necessary, and keep utility companies informed.
- Conduct twice-yearly inspections to ensure your property is being looked after and that all’s well.
- Arrange annual safety tests as required by law.
- Provide up-to-date market valuations whenever you ask us.
- Deal with all correspondence between you and your tenants (so you never have to liaise direct with them yourself).
- Keep you up-to-date with any issues that arise.
- Book our trusted local contractors to resolve any repair or maintenance issues at affordable rates and with minimal inconvenience for you and your tenants
If you have several investment properties, a full-time job or live overseas, you’ll find this service is ideal for you.
Everything is explained simply and clearly, upfront. No hidden set-up costs. No additional fees for drawing up contracts.
With years of experience and tons of legal knowledge in-house, you can turn to us to talk through any legalities.
We don’t have a remote call centre – everything is handled from our office in Hemel Hempstead. Just contact us for any advice on Lettings whether it be a property management, administration or legal question, one of our Lettings Managers will be able to help.